Wednesday, July 10, 2013


On Saturday our PS3 stopped working.
Now this might sound like a weird place to start this thought from, but it was a mini crisis in our home. Not only was I concerned about how much it would potentially cost to fix, but my youngest was in tears, hiding away on a chair, concerned that all his "hard work" as he put had been lost.
So as I sat down on Monday to work through what was the real issue, all the time dreading what might be the result.
Would it cost me a fortune?
Was it cost effective to fix?
How will I tell Alex if we have lost all his high scores and stuff?
As I worked it all through with some testing of the box, the tv along with some 'googler' advice...it actually was found to be a faulty HDMI lead connecting the unit and our TV. Something I could replace for $20 or less! That was a better result than we were expecting!
What a relief for me and my boy!

You can read about a town in the Bible who had a water problem.
Apparently it was yucky and you couldn't drink it. And to add to their dramas it appeared that because this water was bad, that the countryside wasn't very productive.
The town leaders are freaking out a bit and go visit a prophet called Elisha.

In 2 Kings 2 it says this...
"Bring me a new bowl with salt in it.” So they brought it to him. Then he went out to the spring that supplied the town with water and threw the salt into it. And he said, “This is what the LORD says: I have purified this water. It will no longer cause death or infertility.
And the water has remained pure ever since, just as Elisha said.

There must have been huge relief when this miracle happened.
Life would have been far more comfortable and normal.
All it took was something as simple as a bowl of salt to change everything for them.

In life I have found that we look at the big things as the most important to change in order to make life better for ourselves.
We do the same with challenges that come our way. We look at the biggest component of the challenge as being the part that is needing our attention or needing to be fixed.
Experience has shown me that most of the time it is something small or simple that needs addressed - and with that everything changes or is perceived to change for the better.

So if you are facing a challenge or a struggle that seems really huge, can I encourage to look it a little differently?
First take some time to talk to God about it.
Second find out what one little thing you could or should do that will help your situation.
Let God direct you in the way you should go no matter how simple it seems to you.

You will be glad you did. It will feel like such a relief.

Something to think about...

No comments: