Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mist


So here we are again.
Nearly at the end of yet another school term.
It seems as a parent your life and the indicator of what stage of the year your life is in...are predicated by the school holidays.
And if that wasn’t enough, some retailers are starting their Christmas Season displays…

Don’t panic!
I am not upset. I am just surprised once again about how fast another year has gone.

When I was a young lad on the farm I remember wishing my days away. I couldn’t wait to be this age or that age. In fact being 15 seemed a big goal.
It would mean I could finally get my drivers license and start being a big person.
My Gran would say that at her age time seemed to go by fast. I just couldn’t understand what she was talking about. For me time seemed so slow!
Now I think I understand a little more…

James 4:14 simply says this about us…
…What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

It is a great question that most of us face.
We need to understand in some way what is our life!
But the writer adds this whole mist vibe into the mix.
Mist being something that is here for a while and then gone.

It is not supposed to be discouraging but the opposite.
The challenge for all of us is to be intentional with the life gifted to us. To not wish it away, even for a moment. Because in a ‘moment’ it can be gone.

For me it encourages me to make the most of today while it is called today. To milk life for all its worth.
I want to live it well and enjoy as much of the journey as I can. That is why I seek God and make plans for it under His guidance.
I want my ‘mist’ to be a blessing...

Something to think about…

No comments: