Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Force


I am the sort of person who gets frustrated with ideas and dreams of things to come.
Not because of the idea or dream directly.
But because many times people talk and talk and talk and then hope and hope and hope...without much do, do, do.

Some years a go I heard lots of teaching at Church about the idea that generations should work together.
After what seemed like an eternity of talking and no one doing...out of frustration, I approached someone from another generation and we made something happen.
It had a huge impact on my life!

More recently I decided I couldn’t handle any more discussion about Churches working on something for the Kingdom of God. Not because it was a bad idea.
It was just that we didn’t seem to have any idea how.
So I grabbed a hold of something called Back To Church Sunday, and now 10 different Churches around Taupo are working together. I think that is awesome!

The Bible says this about God’s Kingdom...
...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. Matthew 11:12 nkjv

There is this idea expressed in scripture that while we are humble, loving, compassionate and all those good
attributes...we should also go after God’s Kingdom with some passion and drive.
To make and to see things happen.

I guess this goes with what the Bible also says about being doers of the Word and not just readers.
Be challenged my friend.
Let God stir you into action and let’s change where we are in this world all and only for the glory of God!

Something to think about…

No comments: