Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Combination


I like guitar things...and in particular the pedals we connect into that help to make the cool sounds we play with.
It isn’t just about having the right pedals, but also the right combination of pedals, in the right order...and then something sweet can come from them.

Imagine if you went to McDonalds this week and ordered the new Lamb Burger (please note, they are not
sponsoring this example...maybe they should?) and the burger maker decided to change things up a little?
Instead of the pictured burger on display you get one with different ingredients.
Instead of the lamb you get a steak.
Instead of the egg you get avocado.
Or instead of the aioli you get melted cheese.
Now each of those things might float your boat, and they are valid on their own in some way...but if the
combination is not right...you don’t get a lamb burger.
You don’t get what you expected or wanted.
You are left with ‘something else’...

I have learnt in life and especially in my trying to live my life for Jesus that it is important to get the combinations right.
I don’t want ‘something else’…
I want the best my life can be!

This journey to get the right combination of things in life that makes you sound and taste sweet, actually takes a bit of work, a little bit of consideration.
You need to look carefully at what you are working with.
You need to review your inputs and outputs.
Review your influences, which act as seasonings.

Take a little time this week to just sit down and review where you are at.
Pray and meditate on what God will tell you.

I have found that God is really keen to get the best out of me. To that end, if you are open, He will help you to get the best combination going in your life.

Something to think about…

No comments: