Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 17


Today I am marrying some friends of mine.
I think that is pretty cool and it is such an honour to be part of their special day.

From this day a whole new life will open up for them.
In fact today is a day that helps set the course for the rest of their lives together.
Today is a day to celebrate. Something to really enjoy...
There is the wedding ceremony.
The honeymoon (won’t say anymore about that hahaha)
Their first home together. One day their first child?
According to the groom they are having lots!

I know today will also bring happiness to my life.

I have learnt that in my pursuit of happiness that true happiness comes from special events and not just
continual good things happening to and for me.

Special moments in time make life good.
They bring us happiness.

You and I need them.
They are the things to look forward too as well as the things that act as signposts of ‘the good’...to remind us we have been happy.

The day I came to knew Jesus was a great day that I have never forgotten.
My wedding day and the days my children were born, again special days.
Starting to pastor our church, another happy day!
Looking forward to things like Christmas or New Years is a good thing.
Birthdays, wedding anniversaries, some special holiday or other moments you may have planned...all good!

So I guess what I am saying is this…
If you have moments you can look back on with some happiness, remind yourself about them.
As you look to your future, embrace the great moments you know you have coming. Even plan to make some for yourself and others.

One day, Jesus has promised a special moment for each of us where we will finally get to spend eternity with Him.
That is something to look forward to and should bring you some happiness.

Something to think about…

1 comment:

Neena Maxwell said...

Great word Locky! Marriage is one of the most amazing gift's God can give us! All the best with today, I know it will be a very special day for Noel & Bianca!!