Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Phenomenon

There is something I have noticed about riding my bike again...a strange phenomenon.
Isn’t that such a cool word? Phenomenon...
Reminds me off an old Muppets tune…
Anyway back to my simple thought.

I have noticed how different I am depending on the circumstances of my rides.
When I am on my own I ride one way.
When I ride with someone else I ride another way.
What I mean is that I seem to be able to go further and a lot faster when I am with someone else.
It is kind of strange really.
While I am putting in heaps of effort when I am on my own, there is a different dynamic at play when I am with a friend. I can do more than when I am on my own.

The other day I was on my own, but saw someone else on the horizon of the road. Something kicked inside of me and I was determined to catch up and try and pass them. I did it, and again found that someone else had made all the difference to my life.

Maybe that is the point?
Maybe the point is that life with a friend is way more effective than without a friend.
A true friend will ultimately encourage you to do more, try more, hang in there more…
A true friend is your greatest encourager.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says it like this...
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.

It is pretty obvious what I am recommending here!

Something to think about…

No comments: