Wednesday, February 09, 2011

gap

I have found that there always seems to be a gap when someone has an idea or makes a decision...and then follows through with it.
Now some people make a decision and follow through it seems in seconds. And sometimes that back fires. More on that another day.
What I am talking about is the majority of us.
People who have a window of waiting in between idea and action.

Last year I bought a road bike.
It actually sat in my office for over a month before I ever rode it for the first time.
People came and admired my ‘good idea’, even though I had never done anything with it.
It wasn’t until I started to ride that the idea really did become anything good.

So why do we have a gap in the first place?
Fear, apprehension...all sorts of reasons.
But my reason for writing this thought is this…
There is a danger I have found in letting the gap become bigger than the idea in the first place.
If the gap gets too big it covers over the idea and we give up.

Maybe you have been sitting on an idea for a while?
Maybe it is even something you felt God wanted you to do?
My encouragement to you this week is to not let the gap grow and the idea die.
If it was a great idea, then do the great idea.
Don’t wait for life. Create your life.

Something to think about…

No comments: