Wednesday, February 16, 2011

cars

This is what I think…
“That a good host wants to bless their guests with the best they can.”

I watched today a little disappointed in the extreme reaction to some news in our country.
It is reported that the government recently upgraded the ‘official’ cars that are used for state business.
Cars used for carrying officials and dignitaries from other countries.
Some cite our current economic climate for not upgrading. Others go as far to say that a basic family car is sufficient to transport heads of state…
In my opinion I think we should always be as generous as we can (without being silly) to guests.

In my house we live by that…
I want to look after and even sacrifice for whatever guest I have.
I want to always be generous.
To go beyond their expectations.
To be a blessing.
It actually gives me a huge amount of pleasure to do it…

When I think about God and His character He is the same and obviously better than me!
Think of the planet we live on. It is the best planet in the ‘known’ universe.
God was generous with creation.
God was generous with His Son.
...all just for us!
We are ultimately guests in this world and God goes all the way he can for us. He doesn’t just give us the minimum He can get away with.
Here is a scripture to think about with these thoughts of mine…

2 Corinthians 9:6 (New International Version, ©2010)
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

Something to think about…

No comments: