Wednesday, January 26, 2011

imagination

Human beings have a thing called an imagination.
It is this ability to see into a future and pretend what it could be like.
Sometimes people are described as having a ‘vivid’ imagination, where it describes them as having one just that little bit more extravagant than others around them.

Most kids have a vivid imagination. I know that I certainly did growing up.
I dreamed of being an astronaut.
I dreamed and played out being a soldier in World War II.
It wasn’t that hard to dream really.
John Lennon even wrote a famous song with the simple title ’imagine’. He challenged people through it to picture what the world could be like. He actually understood that imagination was the first step to things changing in peoples lives.

The history of achievement is all based on this imagination thing.
People imagined flying and set about to make it happen.
Someone else dreamed of splitting an atom and made it happen.

For us now, should anything be any different?
Should someone who believes in a God who created everything have an imagination?

Ephesians 3:20 says these words...
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

It is saying that no matter what we can imagine or dream up...God wants to do even more!
It is not saying to not imagine.
It is saying that God is even bigger than it.

Obviously there is imagination that is not cool.
The Bible also talks about selfish or vain imagination.
I guess for me, what I take from this word is that if I use it for God’s glory, if I desire to have Him lead me in it...something truly amazing can come from mine and your lives.
Imagination should take us somewhere very special.
It should be a trigger point for where this year can take us.

Something to think about…

No comments: