Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Got a phone call yesterday.
Been asked to speak to a group of people tomorrow that on face value have more experience than me, been around longer than me doing what I do…
It is an honour.
But also a little daunting, I have to admit.

In life opportunities come up all the time.
The ones that stand out I think in our minds more are the ones we don’t think we can do, or what push us out of our comfort zone.
Smaller opportunities come and go, and are forgotten a lot quicker because they don’t cost us or tax us that much.

So faced with this thing...I am reminding myself these few little keys.

God organizes a lot of things on our behalf.
Proverbs 20:24
A man’s steps are directed by the Lord…

God has planned great stuff for us.
Jeremiah 29:10-12
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

We can trust it will work out great.
Proverbs 3:5-6
5Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight


When we don’t know what to say, God promises to give us just the right things to say.
Matthew 10:19
...not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say

I can’t wait to see what happens with this opportunity!
Can’t wait to see what God does with it and through me!

If you have an opportunity at the moment to do something you know God wants you to do, but you are a little scared...good!
You get to see God do as he has promised you.

Make the most of it, no matter how you feel.
It is going to be awesome!

Something to think about…

No comments: