Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2 days

I would have thought 2 days would have been long enough to recover...but I am wrong!
I am sore.
I find it hard to move.
And I am very frustrated…
All because I did something stupid.

My wife had been for many weeks now ‘encouraging’ me to try her class she does each Monday morning.
Now I am not Mr Unfit, but I seriously over-estimated my abilities doing something different.
So during what they called the ‘warm up’ I loaded more weights than my wife suggested and proceeded to try and follow the instructor.

I should have known something was wrong as my legs began to shake in ways I had never experienced quite before.
But here I am surrounded by others that I thought would judge me as ‘weak’ if I didn’t keep things going…
So I pushed on through.
Trying to stop the leg shake from being too obvious.

We are now 2 days later and my muscles hate me.
In fact I think they have said to themselves that I am stupid and that I don’t deserve their cooperation.
I'm left cringing every time I try and move.
I actually crawl up the stairs because walking normally is impossible.

We do this with our lives sometimes don’t we?
We push ourselves to the point of extreme pain.
We don’t want to stop because we don’t want to look bad in front of others.
We can think honesty now is the same as weakness.

I have found that it doesn’t matter whether you have a relationship with God or not. You still have your own freewill to decide how far you will take things.
I should have stopped.
I should have taken it a fraction bit easier.
Swallowed my pride.

My encouragement to you is that you watch your boundaries. Know how far you can push before something may start to break...like my leg muscles...
If God thought it was a good idea to rest for a day...it
certainly can’t be a bad idea for us either!

Go hard in life, love, faith...and all that.
But don’t destroy yourself in the process.
Otherwise you can’t enjoy this life that God offers us...

Something to think about…

No comments: