Wednesday, April 28, 2010

'funner'

I have no idea why this thought come to me the other night?
Or do I have an idea?

After sitting through the latest episode of The Pacific
And then a few minutes of Saving Private Ryan
I realized how much having friends meant to me again…

Take The Pacific episode.
It finishes with a sergeant living on a plane, headed for home to help sell war bonds.
You got this sense watching it that he is a little torn.
On one hand you get the idea he is happy to be away from all the fighting, the bloodshed, the misery of war.
But he also is wanting to be with his friends…

I have friends here in Taupo.
And I have friends around the country, and even other countries..

While we all watched the TV on Monday night or did
whatever else we had planned for that evening...many of us were contacting each other.

There was debate on facebook over the merits of The Pacific vs Desperate Housewives.
There was a friend chatting to me via Skype.
There were numerous texts.

You know what I think?
I think that it is really cool!
I like having friends.
I know that I need friends in my life.
In fact friends make my life way more interesting.
They make the fun more ‘funner’
They help you through the times that are not so cool.
Without friends we seem to feel less than what we could be.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (New International Version)
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!


All that I want to say at this point is…
Thank you for being my friend!

Something to think about…

No comments: