Wednesday, April 21, 2010

eat

So have you been eating your Bible?
Like really biting down hard into its juicy goodness!

I find it interesting that the Bible compares itself to food.
Milk, Meat, Bread, Honey…
Like we learnt last Sunday, this is not an accident.
God’s Word is supposed to get inside of us like food does.
It is meant to be ingested.
Digested.
To then provide us with something on the inside.

I have been thinking about this some more today...
But along the lines of that funny word ‘palette’.

Over the last few days we have had some friends staying with their 2 year old and a baby.
You watch what they eat...or should I say try to eat...and you can see it is not that sophisticated.
Their ‘palette’ is not yet developed to enjoy more adult things like Hollandaise Sauce and Trifle soaked in sherry.

One thing I have experienced is that the more I ‘eat’ God’s Word the more my palette has developed.
It is not just soap and toast to me anymore.
It is rich and classy.
It has texture and body.

It all starts from just starting.
Trying a piece here and there.
Developing your palette through just reading each day.

If you keep eating it your palette will grow as well.
It will nourish you more. Speak to you more.

Plus it has this added bonus...you can eat as much as you like and it will never make you fat!

Something to think about…

No comments: