Friday, August 04, 2006

I think our generation understands the concept that we will probably not do the same job or occupation
all of our lives.
Previous generations were educated and then entered a career that was their choice for life.
We live in a time where we may have several career changes, which includes trying to make that change at the right time and in the right way.
The danger is that we hide behind this concept and run away, or make changes before they should happen.

As a kid growing up, my parents had a simple rule for me…
That if I started a hobby, that I had to do it for minimum of one year.
I started to learn the Piano when I was 6 and studied it for nearly 4 years.
I learnt the Cello for 1 year.
I learnt the Trumpet for 1 year.
And the list goes on…

What this engrained in me was the habit of sticking to a course of action even when it got hard, but not feeling guilty if change had to occur at some future time.

The Bible talks about seasons. Talks about that there are times for everything.
Seasons are normally fairly obvious, and they are designed to not last more than a certain length of time.
If you are thinking that a season in your life is changing that is awesome. But consider the season carefully.
Check for physical signs that it really is time for change. Not just that you are tired of the season.
Personally I am sick of winter, but shortening it would effect then rest of the seasons and cause trouble.
Talk it through with people you trust.

Finally, the Bible also says “we are not ones that shrink back
If your current season is not over, press on and don’t ever give in!

No comments: