Wednesday, July 26, 2006

“How was your day Locky?”
….I hear you asking…

Well thanks for asking, it has been very interesting so far!

Most of my day has related around talking with people.
And all those people had the same issue, it is just that they came at it from different directions.
Each one of them said they were really keen to come to church, but didn’t think they could.
When I pressed them for why, the same answer came out of their mouth’s…

“Because I am not good enough!”

Now I was shocked!
Where did this happen? Did we plan it for people to think this way?
Is this supposed to be how it works?
No Way!
Christ died for sinners not saints. Christ loves us as we are, not what we are.
He gave his life for us before we are so called right with him.

It scares me to think that people who want to follow Christ think they can’t spend time with other disciples just
because they don’t ‘meet the grade’.
The reality is that none of us do, myself included.
I am saved through grace, not by works, so that I can not boast about my righteousness.

Hebrews 10:10 says…
We have been made Holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

If you have struggled with this recently. Know that God loves you as you are.
The reality is that we all have issues. No one is perfect. No one is more special than anyone else...we are all God’s kids.
Church is great for you, because it exists so we can support each other through our struggles.

Catch you soon...

No comments: