Sunday, April 12, 2020

Day 18 : Covid-19 Lockdown in Taupo : "Whatever you hand finds to do"

I have been thinking about this verse over the last 24 hours...

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...
Ecclesiastes 9:10 NIV

You might be wondering why?

When the #lockdown was announced I was like a lot of Pastors around this country and scrambled to set myself up to lead a Church Family from my family home.
The idea being we needed to be able to lead, minister, run Services as best we could, all from different locations and with a new paradigm.
Most of us went from running Services in a building to running them over the internet.
The "work of our hands" changed very quickly!

When I consider that verse, I feel even more comfortable with what I am not doing now.
God has given me and every other leader different work to do.
It is just as important and valuable and definitely needed.
And therefore I should do it with all the energy and passion I have...

Scripture also tells that God "orders our steps", that He "prepares work for us to do".
Can I encourage you to embrace with passion whatever this season in God has given you to do?
It is not the end. Just a different turn.
Do it with all your might!

Something to think about...

No comments: