Saturday, April 04, 2020

Day 10 : Covid-19 Lockdown in Taupo : "Lockdown Attitude"

Many of you will have heard the name, others a bit younger probably won't have.
A gentlemen by the name of Terry Waite became famous around the world for reasons I am sure at the time he didn't desire or appreciate.

In the 1980's while trying to secure the release of 4 hostages in Lebanon, he himself was taken hostage, for something like 4 years!
His lockdown life was far more extreme than most of us will experience in our version of being modern hostages in our own homes.

He shared some advice recently that I thought was interesting...


This post from an expert in "social isolating" certainly got me thinking...
There are people around us and over us who have advice we should take, life learnings we should study, a way of life we should endeavour to emulate.

Paul the Apostle famously said these words...
And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:1 NLT

Let's together follow great examples and imitate them.
I think that is great advice for helping us navigate life, especially in a lockdown.

Something to think about...

No comments: