Thursday, April 02, 2020

Day 08 : Covid-19 Lockdown in Taupo : "As it depends on you"

Have you heard of the phrase "pointing the borax?"
I heard it and variations of it when I was young.
And now all over the world people are doing it with steroids.

After just over a week of #lockdown here in Taupo, New Zealand I am seeing fingers being pointed, the old "pointing the borax" thing, apportioning blame, critiquing decisions and judging others compliance levels.

When I go for a walk around the direct location of where I live (which we are allowed to do) you get the occasional stare and sideways glance. You wonder what they are thinking?
You see posts on Social Media ranting about this group and that group.
"The cyclists are breaking the rules!"
"There were too many people in one car!"
"Surely they don't need that of amount of flour!" (seriously where has all the flour gone?)

Please don't get me wrong...
I am not saying to turn a blind eye to non-compliance etc.
But it did make me think of two very direct verses from scripture.
And by the Holy Spirit reminding me of them, I found they act as a fantastic filter to my sometimes unfiltered emotions especially at this heightened time.

Romans 12:18 NIV
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

The Hint...make sure are doing what you should be doing first and foremost.
Plus don't go looking for a fight, because being immature and using uneducated judgement always leads to one.

Matthew 7:5 NIV
...first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

The Hint...before "pointing the borax" at someone else, please make sure the multiple fingers pointing back at you aren't finding you doing the same or worse.

'Sorry not sorry' if this is a little challenging.
I for one am not on holiday from my spirituality at this time.
And I am constantly asking the Holy Spirit to speak to me.
I wonder what He is saying to you?

Something to think about...

No comments: