Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Can I Do It Again?

As I trudged along a familiar off road run course last night I started to think "can I do it again"?
You see I have fought the weight and health fight before.
Climbed a pretty huge mountain.
Achieved some amazing things.
The view from the top was pretty amazing!

And now after some years of injury and health challenges I am feeling like I am at the bottom of an even bigger mountain. I am wondering if I can even do it again? Do I have what it takes? Should I even bother because I am older now and I know the price I need to pay...

I can't help but think the battle I am facing in my mind is what many believers face as the navigate life sometimes!
We have mountain top moments in faith that are truly awesome and then seem to find ourselves back in another valley. We wonder whether we can make that climb again? Wonder if we have what it takes? Should we even try because we have "been there and done that"?

Maybe think of it like this for a moment...

Can you call someone a mountaineer because they climbed one mountain?
They are given that title because they know it is so worth it to climb again and again.
It would seem ridiculous to them to not keep climbing.
Can you call someone an adventurer if they only go once in a lifetime?
Can you call someone a generous person if they only do it once?
You probably get where I am going...

It is not the "once-lers" who live life as who they can be in Christ.
It is those who have climbed, fallen, attempted, failed, gone again and succeeded, and built in themselves a belief that anything is worth the goal. That God is with them and He will help them no matter what comes their way.

Have you fallen recently?
Have you wondered if you can climb again because you are now feeling valley bound?
Have you potentially raised a white flag of surrender and given up on the dream?

Just as the Psalmist says...
God is with us in the valley.
God is wanting to light the way forward and back up.
And God is preparing another mountaintop moment you.
It is waiting. God is ready.
Let's climb again together trusting God will help us there...

Something to think about...

2 comments:

Opinionated said...

This really touched me Locky. As someone who is stuck in the valley at the moment I know it's time to raise up and get my health back on track. Thank you for your thought provoking post.

JoyO'S said...

Great article Locky!