Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Seasonal vs Sustainable

I have been thinking for a while now about the difference between seasonal and sustainable?

Every year we have fashion style changes.
And every decade seems to have a dramatic stylistic change.
Every year I see different heath related trends come and go.
And every few decades what was once considered right appears to be wrong.
I have seen fads, trend, fashions in all areas of life come and go like the wind.

It has been revealed that an author of a Lifestyle/Health/Cooking style book was no longer living like they promoted. They reportedly were loving the fact that people were shocked to see them in public behaving the opposite of how they promoted.
The revelation they had after writing a very successful book was the lifestyle was not practically sustainable. They know that personally and yet still sell their book...
To the negative it seems hypocritical.
To the thinkers out there it proves my point I believe.

Dramatic lifestyle change my be helpful but is it always sustainable?
And for it to be sustainable can it be merely be based on an idea, apparent logic and human effort?

Some years ago I finally thought I had breakthrough on the weight issue in my life. It all seemed to have finally come together.
I was exercising a lot and I mean a lot.
I was enjoying having sport related goals and achieving them.
I looked pretty ok for my age and stage in life.
And then it happened. Injuries. Life stuff. A few personal challenges.
The upshot is that my season came to an end.
It was not sustainable. It bothered me a lot!

What I have learned is to keep coming back to God and looking to see whether what I am doing is seasonal or sustainable.
It helps me process my station in life depending on what it is.

In God we see seasons and the sustainable.
God has set seasons in place but undergirded them with some absolutes.
We have winter, spring, summer and fall (autumn).
We have Gods Word that never changes.
We have 24 hours a day with sunrise and sunset.
We have Gods love that never changes.
Hopefully you see a pattern here?

I would love for you to take some time this week to prayerfully consider what is seasonal and/or sustainable for you...

It something is a season for you, embrace it, but hold it loosely.
It something is sustainable for you, embrace it, and never let it go.

Something to think about...

No comments: