Thursday, September 12, 2019

We need the prophetic!

Someone I know not that closely at all recently sent me a private message via facebook.
What they sent was what many would call a 'prophetic word'. 
Something that they had an 'impression' of, that could be God speaking through them to me...

I won't share all the detail about what they shared but I want you to know it was 100% correct.
They said they woke in the night with a picture of me, a situation, a place. They picture they had was correct.
They went on to say what they thought God would like me hear from Him. The words they shared both challenged and encouraged me at the same time.

I replied after processing quickly what I was reading to let them know they were spot on.
This was not a generated scenario. 
In fact I am not sure how it could have been.
It was prophetic. And I needed the prophetic.

Now take this Simple Thought a whole step further...
We need the prophetic.
You need the prophetic.
Either you receiving or you sharing, we need this valuable ministry in the body of Christ.
I am not talking about being weirdo's, charging around saying whatever nice things comes to mind.
I am talking about the real deal prophetic, all filtered through the heart of God for His people.

Something that struck me along with the accuracy was the humility with which it was shared.
There was not an ounce of 'I know more than you spiritual arrogance' that many are put off by in this valuable ministry. Paul reminds us in 1st Corinthians that love is an important prophetic filter.

My hope in writing this today is simple... 
I would love for you to embrace the real prophetic, to explore it if it is new to you.
If you have the prophetic gift use it for the glory of God and furtherment of the Kingdom.
If you receive a word, prayerfully consider it. Don't miss out on God speaking just because it comes in a form or mode you are not accustomed to.

We need the prophetic!

19Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. 20Do not scoff at prophecies, 
21but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. 
1 Thessalonians 5:15 NLT

Something to think about...

No comments: