Monday, April 23, 2018

Come sit with me...

This is kind of a challenge for you...
I would love to encourage you to take the teaching in scripture, especially in the new testament, and give it a try as and when it presents itself.
Now I am not asking you to pluck an eye, or go hunting for planks in your remaining eye!
Please let me explain...

I don't go to conferences very often at all. 
There are a lot of reasons why including not having time, resource etc.
And as I arrived the other night for the first meeting of a conference I was invited to I was reminded another reason why I don't go. 
I was there on my own again. And even with 100's of people around being on your own can just reinforces your being on your own-ness.

It came time to take a seat.
So I did what seemed the right thing to do. I sat at the very back of the section allocated for Pastors.
After 10 kind of awkward minutes a man approached me and invited me to come and sit with him.
Now get this, I went from the very back to the very front!
I found myself sitting with a whole bunch of key leaders, a national leader of another denomination and the local member of parliament. It was just like Jesus taught...

10 But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. 11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Luke 14:10 niv

If you dive into God's Word, opportunity will always present itself for you to live it out in some way.
It is true. It is relevant. It will influence, even change the circumstances of the life you live.

Something to think about...

No comments: