Tuesday, January 16, 2018

This verse... #2

This verse got me thinking this morning...

15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.
2 Chronicles 7:15-16 niv

I firmly believe that the accounts in the Old Testament are a type and shadow of what is to come for us today. And these few verses are no exception! In fact they should encourage you today my friend...

Solomon built an impressive temple (what we might call a church building these days) and after its completion and dedication, God made the statement you now have read.

Today God refers to our very bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
You are now the impressive place that God wants to pay attention too!
In fact without you having to make it happen, God actually is passionately paying attention to you.
He is right now looking at you.
He is listening to your words from your mouth and the cries of your heart.
And He plans to do this same thing forever!

Whatever you doing and whatever you are facing, your Father in heaven is ready for you right now.
Can I encourage to make the most of this amazing opportunity for yourself and those you come into contact with?

Something to think about...

No comments: