Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Preached it - Experienced it

Sometimes good surprises do happen.
Sometimes God shows up when you actually lest expect it...

On Sunday I preached a message about Honour.
Messages like this are kind of funny to me on some level. I firmly believe in the biblical principles of honour, of it being given and received. But I was very conscious that I didn't want anyone to think I had some weird agenda to garner honour for myself. Maybe I am being too sensitive, but hey, I admit I can be a little sensitive sometimes...

So here I was trying to paint the whole picture of honour as I have discovered in scripture.
Step by step explaining who God asks us to honour as we follow Him. I even had some fun getting to single out and honour some fantastic guys in our Church family.
Little did I know something God had planned, was brewing away nicely behind the scenes.

At the end of the service I spent some time enjoying a coffee, talking and praying with people.
Eventually it came time to start packing up the venue we hire and that is when I noticed something strange. On the stage, on top of my guitar case, I saw another guitar case.
It stood out initially as I knew no one else played guitar that morning and I definitely only brought in one guitar to play that day.
As I wandered back onto the stage I then saw a card sitting on top.
A little taken a back I approached a little slowly, trying to figure out what was happening. Opening the card I then see someone filming me on their phone. They knew what was happening!
That card explained that a whole bunch of people appreciated me and wanted to give me a new guitar to show their appreciation!

Here I was preaching on honour.
And at the same time God was planning to honour me...
Awesome!!!

I want you to know 2 things today:
1. When you do things Gods way you invite more of Gods ways into your life.
If you choose to do what His word says, then He does even more to show you just how trustworthy His word can be. I chose to honour and then God honoured me.

2. Sometimes God will do something so quickly in response to our faith, that we can nearly believe it is happening. God is actually poised ready to respond in your life!

May you be encourage today...


No comments: