Wednesday, August 17, 2016

What I want to be like...

Jesus was telling a bunch of stories or parables one day and Luke's Gospel seems to intimate that he told several, one after other, with similar themes.

In context, Jesus was teaching on God's heart for saving anything that is lost.
God's passion is seeing people being found by His love or returning to it.
Heaven notices, rejoices, even has a party when a life is changed in this way!

8“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ " Luke 15:8-9 niv

Here is a lady doing everything she can to find what she wants to find.
She seems to have a plan. She follows through on it completely. And she doesn't give up until she has found what she was looking for.
To cap it all off, when she succeeds she decides to share and celebrate with whoever she can.

Check out this other parable for a moment...

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." Matthew 13:44 niv

These people share the same drive and dogged determination.
Both want to find what they need to find.
They are willing to go all out for it and pay whatever cost to reach the goal.

I don't know about you, but when I read this passages I am reminded that this is someone I want to be.
I want to be so passionate about the Kingdom of God and what matters most to God, that I will stop at nothing to play my part.
I want hunt for the lost.
I will pay whatever price.
I will give up anything that hinders.
I will ran after the One...

Something to think about...

No comments: