Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I went to a meeting

Last week I was given late notice about a meeting being held in town. I took some time out to go and was really glad I did!
The presenter was someone I actually have a tiny bit of history with. They were a youth leader for Youth For Christ at the very first major outreach event I helped with. Their role back 'last century' was to teach us how to talk to people who had just decided to give their life to Christ.
Now here I was on Tuesday evening, listening to this same man (both of us a lot older) share about what God had called him to. How it been 10 years since he started this new venture/ministry and he wasn't stopping now!

Straight after he finished speaking I was so honoured to catch up with him briefly.
People like him who stay the course of faith with conviction and passion deserve to be recognised at the least and also honoured in my opinion.
He is someone who is most definitely on the frontline of faith with many in government and media taking strong stands against his moral and religious beliefs.

If you and I go the distance we create a legacy just like him.
If you and I keep on keeping with Jesus it impacts lives for many generations.
And if you and I keep supporting one enough in the good works God has prepared for each of us to do - God gets glorified, we grow in maturity, and the Kingdom is extended.

No comments: