Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Find a way to keep being challenged

I sat there watching a movie last night and continued to ponder away today, processing what I saw, comparing it to what I thought I knew or understood...realising that it some way that it is a healthy thing to do.

Why is that good thing?

Time brings a lot to our lives. Experience. Learning.
You work out what you think you know and build some blocks of knowledge and experience around you.
The negative is we can either become complacent, arrogant, blinded or all of the aforementioned negatives things, if you are not looking to be challenged in some good way.

Jesus main issues were never with the sinful people of the world.
He seemed to have huge compassion for them. Again and again His attention and heart was drawn to them in a good way and His desire was to serve them.
The people who rubbed him up the wrong way.
The people who struggled with what he taught.
Those people were never the sinners or the less educated.
It was the people who thought they knew it all or at least enough to navigate the world and life in general. They are the ones who struggled and sometimes fought against his teaching.

The way I look at it, I want to grow in my knowledge and understanding on as many things as possible. But no matter what I learn, experience and disseminate, nothing compares to allowing Jesus to challenge the assumptions I make about life, my life, how I should lead etc.

I watch movies.
I read books (be it ever so slowly).
I study scripture.
I watch doco's on different topics.
I listen to others I trust.
And all the while try to keep my heart as soft and open to him as possible.

Can I encourage you to make sure God has room to always challenge you?
Don't think you ever graduate from the classroom of Christ. The moment you do you head down a pretty tricky road that many never recover from.
Pray with me today that God challenges any wrong thinking, understanding or more.
Let God challenge us in only the way He best can.

Something to think about...

No comments: