Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Take your time

It is kind of a simple 'simple thought' this week...

Recently I was out around our town to deliver some stuff and other errands.
It took a whole lot longer than I had put in my diary planner earlier that same day.
Why did it take longer?
Because I kept bumping into people. People wanted to chat. Offers of coffee (which I very rarely decline). Fantastic conversations ensued.

The problem I have sometimes is that can get so focused on task or on productivity...even both at the same time, that I forget that life doesn't always work like that.
I have also found the the Kingdom of God doesn't fit into neat 15 minute time slots.
When you take your time with your day, trying to listen as you to the Spirit of God, the day can be different than you planned. Satisfying without the next to keep ticking off task lists.

As you navigate the rest of your week, take your time while being purposeful about your time.
Take your time with people around you.
See what God does through you and in you.

Something to think about...

No comments: