Wednesday, February 17, 2016

What an Apple Update reminded me of...



I had been putting it off for a little while, but finally gave in to the daily nagging reminders that there was an update for my Apple devices available...
While I sat there dutifully following Apples process, the whole experience reminded me of a few things relating to our faith.

Someone else has decided what is best for me...
Some well meaning Apple executive decided that I needed this particular update and told others to make it happen. They are paid to know more about these things than I ever will.

God has a far better vantage on my life than I do.
He sees it best and also knows exactly what I need, when I need it.
Because He is changing us from glory to glory, He plans a process of 'upgrades' along the way.
The moment we try to avoid them we have avoided God's best for ourselves. If we decide God has done enough then we have deceived ourselves that we know best...

A small tweak here and there to make things better...
Incremental small updates seems less troublesome and stressful so I let them happen regularly.

I think God prefers to gently and progressively work on upgrading us as it is the most pleasant way for it happen. When we short cut or derail the process the big changes that end up needing to happen hurt just that little bit more...

Updates take time and so does anything worth doing...
Yes I wish Apple made the perfect phone or app etc right from the start. But I also have enjoyed seeing the evolution over time in front of my eyes.

When I look back at where I have been and who I was to now, what God has done and is doing is pleasing!

I realised there were apps I wasn't using and they were just taking up space...
Prompted by todays update I noticed that I have a catalogue of apps that really weren't being used anymore or that helpful to me anymore. Some were taking up valuable space I could be using for other things.

With each upgrade or change that I let God do in my life, I come to realise I have clutter in my heart.
There are some things a long the way that I have discovered aren't needed or that shouldn't be hung on to. Things that aren't helping my spiritual life now so out they go!

Something to think about...


No comments: