Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Apparently it only takes 2 steps?

Last night I watched a brief story of a guy who was once working 2 jobs and in a relationship he was happy with. Next moment he found himself with no relationship, nowhere to live, loosing his jobs and ended up homeless and hopeless.
He made a specific comment when interviewed that "we are all 2 steps away from our lives falling apart". That particular comment has been still swirling through my mind over 12 hours later.

Can I turn this around a little for us?
While I probably agree that most of the time we can be a few decisions away from disaster, you are actually only one decision away from something better!

I don't believe God will only work on our behalf or make things right/better if we do multiple steps.
That screams to me of having to earn God's goodness and favour.
When I see God coming through for people, it is normally based on one step towards Him and what He has for us...

When the thief hung on a cross beside Jesus getting what He deserved and Jesus didn't...he came to Jesus in a very real way. Jesus words to him..."today you will be with me in paradise".

Elsewhere in scripture we are told that now is the time of salvation, today is the day the Lord has made...one step...everything can change!

A great leader once said this to God's people...
"Choose this day who you will serve...
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!"

Can I encourage you to not focus solely on how you might stuff up your life...but on seeking God for that one step towards Him today that could make all the difference?

Something to think about...

No comments: