Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Flying Mud and Sex Toys

Recently a leading political figure was doused in some foul smelling brown concoction as a form of protest.
Another political figure had his face targeted with some kind of sex toy.
I have been to plenty of events where a public figure has been introduced to speak and boo's spontaneously erupt from many in the crowd.

Being against something that is painfully and obviously wrong is totally cool in my book. I value the fact that we live in a country where protest is possible.
Where I feel very, very uncomfortable is the level some think is acceptable to go. When and where it is appropriate, that sort of thing?

Being someone who tries my best to follow Jesus example, I have come to realise there are times for different reactions and responses to things we don't like or agree with.
Sometimes Jesus walked away.
Sometimes Jesus spoke out very strongly.
Another time he made a whip and attacked some people ripping others off.
And finally as a form of protest and wanting change, He sacrificed His life.
Very different approaches indeed!

If you check out Romans chapter 13 it is very challenging reading. Not how we normally want to treat others in authority. I dare you to check it out for yourself...

I desperately want great leaders leading our fantastic town, nation and the world.
So I do what I can, the best way I can. I treat others with respect and pray for them.
That is my form of protest...

Something to think about...

No comments: