Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Trophy

I got a trophy on Saturday night, actually I got a few...but my favourite is this one...

Why?
Because it was from my peers recognising that I am progressing in my running.
While I may not be the fastest, I know that I am certainly getting better.
It is not just based on how fast I am improving, but that I am improving.
They have noticed all the work I have put into this hobby of mine.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:17-18 new king james version

We are called to go from glory to glory. We are designed with transformation in God's mind.
He wants to see us grow. His dream is to see us growing in faith and action. He takes pleasure is seeing His kids grow and develop, seeing them go through many milestones.
While that journey can certainly experience it's ups and downs, it should always show signs of moving forward.

With my running, I make sure I am moving forward by being purposeful and disciplined about it. I make the most of opportunities to improve. I hang out with others better than me. I push myself just enough as to stretch my abilities from where they are at the time.

With our faith we need to be the same, purposeful and disciplined about it. We make the most of opportunities to grow by meeting together, worshipping together, serving together, learning together. We hang around others of faith that maybe have faith stronger than ours. I stretch myself by reading God stuff (the Bible & books), praying, ministering to others.

It is unwise to simply compare today with yesterday...that can lead to disappointment.
I measure myself only by where I have come from in the last year. What I have learnt? How I have changed? How I can improve?

Have you heard the phrase "we are trophies of grace?"
When we let God lead us and grow us, we actually become a trophy.
Something that signifies God's greatness.
You are a trophy to God - keep on going my friend!

Something to think about...

No comments: