Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The hardest things to do... #1

You might be wondering where this is going?

I have been thinking over the last few days about sharing honestly, transparently about some of the hardest aspects of our faith, of following Jesus. Not wanting to do this in a negative way at all, but in a way that helps us all I hope on our journey.

I am a fan of what scripture encourages us to do - to cheer each other on!
So with that in mind I am going to bookend each 'simple thought' of this series with one scripture.
A scripture that reminds us that when we are weak, God has room to do something. That when you are struggling with some aspect of following Jesus, God is ready to jump in and do His thing!

Bookend Scripture
“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9 nkjv

So here is my first one I find hard sometimes:

Trusting God

Yes I find it hard sometimes to actually trust God.
There are moments when I have a lot of questions.
Moments where I get things wrong.
Moments when I think my circumstances have shown me there could be a hint of God not being someone I can trust...

But here is something I have learned along the way...
It is easy to say you trust God when you don't actually have to.
For example. Maybe you have lots of resource at your disposal and at the same time you say you trust God to provide? Sometimes that can mean you don't have to trust Him directly. Therefore easy to say.
When you choose to 'live by faith' and use that resource to contribute to the Kingdom based on scripture, and then challenges come - then you truly find out whether you trust God!

God uses circumstances in part to teach us, grow us, discipline us and ultimately reveal something to us.
When I have started getting scared over something, it has revealed to me how much I do or don't trust Him.
I then remind myself of scriptures like our bookend scripture for this series.
I remind myself about all the others that tell me to trust God, even when it makes no sense.
I remind myself of the testimony I have in my heart where He has shown Himself to be trustworthy.

My trust in Him is based on years of having to.
Years of experimenting, taking crazy leap after leap of faith.
Experiences that have taught me that God is faithful!

Bookend Scripture
“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9 nkjv



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words of wisdom. One can be bogged down and not see the light. Being part of a 'family' can bring us out of the bog and celebrate the experience with Gods grace and strength.
Simon