Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Being a bird on a back

I was simply riding along and I saw it...
Not far in the distance was a field. In the field were some cows.
And one particalur cow had a bird on its back...
Why was it there?
What was the plan?
Did the cow mind the free rider?
Maybe silly questions? But questions I pondered quickly as the pedals continued to turn.

I actually thought it was kind of cute.
Here was this smaller creature coming to rest and put their trust in something far bigger than them.
And then it hit me...
Maybe God wants to be my cow, when I feel like a bird?

I am not trying to be silly at all! It is a spiritual truth that I realised again travelling on my two wheels. God wants to be big for me. And I actually need Him to be big for me.
He promises me that I can rest, can trust, can rely on Him.
That He will carry me in the shadow of His wings.
That He is the solid rock on which I can stand.

So little bird, you taught me something and I am thankful for your cheeky reminder.
I am going to be a bird on the back of my God.
That is where I want to be, where I need to be, and where I intend to stay.

Something to think about...

No comments: