Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New

I got a new PS3 game for Christmas.

That information may illicit different responses for you
1. You might think I am to old for games (that could be true).
2. Who cares? (it will make more sense shortly).
3. What did I get? (doesn't matter for this story).

But what is important to this story is that I traded in 3 older versions of the same game to get the new one.
Why is that important?
Because I wanted something 'new', and before I could get the 'new' I had to choose to let go of the 'old'.
Part of what was tricky for me was that I am used to the 'old'. You could even say I am comfortable with it. The new version means I have a new learning curve to go through before I can be good at the game again.

I think to embrace the 'new' that God wants to do in each of our lives in 2015, we need to embrace different responses...

1. Choice to make room in our lives by getting rid of some of the old.
Whether it is habits, patterns, thoughts, hobbies...whatever it is for you...make room for the new or you simply will not have room for the new.

2. Don't be too scared to try what is new.
I think that comfort is nice but is also a crippler.
If you are comfortable with what is not the new that God wants to do, then you will miss it. And I don't want you to miss it! Be strong and very courageous and embrace God's 'new' for your life, even if it means a learning curve.

3. What is new for you may not be new for someone else.
Guess what? It doesn't matter! Be proud to be who God made you and grab the 'new' that is applicable to you and where you are at in life.
Each of us are on our own faith journey. Moving forward on the journey is what is important. Not where you have camped...

May you enter this year to all the 'new' that God wants to bring your way!
May you have the courage to let it happen in your life.
Let go of the old. Embrace the new...

God Bless!

No comments: