Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Finding Your Declaration?

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - JFK September 1962

What an amazing quote and an even more amazing declaration!

When the President spoke those words at Rice University it was a declaration to his nation and the whole world. That the US of A was going to do something very specific. Something very hard. Something no one had do before and many thought was actually fanciful.
History tells the outcome the declaration. It shows us that the right thing declared over a situation at just the right and considered time, can indeed galvanise resolve, and achieve the objective.

I am huge fan of declaration!
Speaking out loud what you believe and what you want to believe...
I think it biblical. Gospel centred. Faith orientated.

Joshua made a declaration in his generation.
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!"

David made a declaration in his generation.
"I will praise the Lord!"

Jesus told the generation around him...
"I will destroy this temple and raise it again in 3 days!"

Jesus tells this generation to declare...
"Speak to the mountain and tell it to move!"

So what is your declaration?
I ask because because it is very important!
It will help guide you, set you up...and lead you to your future.
The life you live right now could very well be because of the declarations you have previous made?

And how do you find your declaration?
Here are a couple of ways I have found have worked for me and help me avoid falseness and vain hype:

1. Worship 
Simply choose to do it. Determine to do it even when you don't feel like it.
Be a David and tell your soul to worship. That type of declaration will take you somewhere and you end up feeling like what you are saying. Your soul will eventually catch up with your spirit!

2. Read the Pslams
I love the example of David and his speaking to his soul. Telling it get in line with his spirit.
We can look and learn from his example.

3. Specific Scriptures.
We write scriptures that speak of God's desire and goodness for our lives and our ministry on the mirror. Every time I go to the bathroom I look at them and declare them over my life.

4. The 'Iron' Effect
Hang around people of faith. When you do it will effect your declaration.
If you spend your most valuable time around those with little or no faith, your faith will suffer.
The opposite has always proven true for me. People either make your sharper or blunter. There is no middle ground!

My prayer and hope for you this week is that you find your Godly declaration and speak it out.
Shout it out even if you have to. Post it on Facebook. Write on your mirror. Share it with a friend.

Something to think about...

I watched this great clip today. Maybe it could help fuel your new declaration over your life?
Unstoppable God - Elevation Worship
Our God is unstoppable! He can and will do the impossible!


No comments: