Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's Your Report?

I noticed a link to a news article that bothered me greatly!
They were reporting that someone thought to be trust worthy and honourable, had in fact been the opposite.
That they were a crook! Well that is how the article went...

I asked myself lots of questions:
What should I do?
Should I repost this to Facebook?
Would I be doing a 'public service'?

So I then hunted for a little more information...
I then found an eye witness account to what transpired at the person in questions trial.

Their report was different. And that bothered me!
Why?
Firstly, how can people report an event 'as fact' with to differing reports?
Second, where does that leave me?

It is actually really simple I think!
You and I choose which report we give.
In all ways, in all areas of our life and faith, we are the reporter.
We get to choose what we will say and how our thoughts and attitudes will be expressed.

Just as 12 spies got to choose the report they would share (Numbers 13), you and I have the same opportunity.
If we are a follower of Jesus we can point people to Jesus working in our lives or point out only where we struggle. We can show them Jesus or show them someone else's hypocrisy. We can share what God doesn't appear to have done or share about all the great things He has done.

So what is your report going to be today?

Something to think about....

No comments: