Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." 
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

The man who spoke these words is simply known by the name of Michelangelo these days.
No he wasn't a Ninja Turtle, even though one of the characters borrowed his name!
He was a man who lived in a world very much harder than many of us will ever face.
And yet these words indicate to me an inbuilt desire if you like, to dream as hard and as high as one can...and then have the courage to see if you can get close to that dream.
Better to 'go for it' than to 'settle for it'.

But was he nice guy and did he have it all sorted?
No way! He had his struggles.
Apparently he even slept many times in his clothes and with his boots still on his feet.
He never retired from whatever work or opportunity presented itself.
From what I have read recently he was still working when he died.
He spent as much of his life dedicated to what he could try and achieve. An artist, architect and poet that influenced a large part of the world.

If you base going after a big dream, achieving something with God to make a difference in the Kingdom based on your good looks, or perfect mental state, or comfortable environment...you probably won't get too far.
Mr Simoni is encouraging you and I to look past whether we think we can, to going for it!

I love what William Carey said one time...
“Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.”

Now if you add to this equation that fact that God says this...
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us 
Ephesians 3:20 niv

God has a dream for yours and my life. And that dream includes power from Him to help it come to fruition. I think that is cool!

I have a dream/vision for my life, my family, and my Church.
In fact we spent last Sunday sharing this again with our Church. You can listen to it here if you like?
I decided a long time a go to for it. That I would rather try than not try.
I would rather attempt to reach those heights...because what if the dream becomes a reality, what will the world be like then?

What are you waiting for?
What is holding you back?
What are you going to do?
What is the dream you want to chase, to reach towards?

Something to think about...




No comments: