Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why? - Part 1


Why did God need to send us the Holy Spirit?

When I started at a certain job many years a go there were more expectations of me than I ever imagined.
There wasn't that much of an induction process, in fact I didn't know of such things back then. There was just an expectation of me producing results in regards to sales dollars without me having any real experience and a complete lack of industry knowledge.
To add to my struggles was the fact they gave me a business card that declared me as a Trainee Sales Engineer. Not the best impression to give a general manager when you first nervously meet!

God has given His people a task or a number of them as I see it.
He wants us to share His love through us with the people in this world.
He wants us to tell others about what Jesus can do for them, to share the 'gospel' with those who don't know Him yet.
But all that is real hard and really daunting without some real and effective backing.

God doesn't want to send us out into the world without any experience of who He is or of what He can do. He doesn't want us running around aimlessly and stressing and struggling to meet others targets. And He doesn't send us out hamstrung with labels that will always limit us.

What God does do is to send us the Holy Spirit!

He is the one who Jesus said would come along side us and help.
He reminds us of who God is. He helps us beyond our perceived limitations.
The business card or label He gives us is the mark of acceptance and authority.
And He gives us the power to make a difference in any and every conceivable way.

I wouldn't want to live my life for Christ like I did at the job...not for a moment!
For me the question is now not - 'Why the Holy Spirit?' - it is more like 'Why wouldn't I want the Holy Spirit?'
When I faced the toughest moments in that job I simply went to God and asked Him to send the Holy Spirit to help me...and if I had time today I could fill this page with the amazing things He did...

Something to think about...

No comments: