Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 24


I got to go to Auckland the other day for a series of meetings. The bonus of this particular trip was I managed to go a day early essentially.
My mate Chris picked me up from the airport.
We headed straight to Wendy’s to try the new Warriors themed burger even before it had been released
officially. Not long after that we went to a 3D movie.
But not just to any 3D movie experience. It was at one of the fancy as places where you have a electronic laziboy chair, plus waiters bring you whatever you want to eat and drink…
It was amazing!
In fact the movie seemed better because of it.

This got me thinking.
Why did I enjoy this evening so much?
Was it because of the company? Sure was.
Was it because of the food? Partly.
The overall thing that impacted me I believe was that it had ‘new’ things.
There were new experiences. New things to my senses.

I am sure you are like me. You probably like new.
But we all face a battle to some degree. We wrestle in life with wanting comfort and familiarity and then with what might be new.
The former can feel safe while the latter can feel dangerous and out of control.

God is all about new in my opinion.
He says things like that one day all things will be made new. That He is doing a new thing.

If you want to enjoy this life and find some happiness…
Can I suggest that adding ‘new’ to the mix no matter how comfortable you may feel, will ignite something inside you?
Explore something new this week. Go on. I dare ya!

Something to think about…

No comments: