Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 23


One of the things I enjoyed about being a kid was pretending…
I pretended a lot!
Pretended to be a soldier in some world war defending my platoon from the evil hoard.
Pretended to be an astronaut taking those first tentative steps on a far away planet.
I even pretended to be a rockstar with millions of adoring fans…

The reality for every adult is that I think you can only find true happiness in learning who you really are, and then actually living like who you were always meant to be.

A bible verse that helps explain this has been used mostly to express what we are supposed to do.
But I believe it also paints a picture of something bigger around that concept.

Ephesians 2:10 niv
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We are simply and firstly God’s handiwork.
Now because of that, it makes sense to me to go a step further and find out what His handiwork was designed to be like. What I should look like. What I should do. How I should act…
In other words, ‘being yourself’ actually takes on a whole new significance!

As a leader I actually love helping people find out God’s dream for them. Others did that for me. Now I get to help others and pass it forward.

So if you are not happy being what you think others expect you to be, or you just don’t honestly know what you are on this earth here for…
A great place to start is to check in with God.
Plus you should find a leader who you trust and you know has some belief in you.
Then you will find out who you really are.
You won’t ever have to pretend to be special because you will already be special.
And I think that will make you and I a lot more happy...

Something to think about…

No comments: