Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Surprise

Yesterday morning I heard a vehicle come down our driveway and then back out quickly again…
Sounded like a courier van.
But it wasn’t…

Next minute my mate Chris from Auckland walks in through the door! Surprise! And it certainly was...
I never guessed he would just turn up to spend a day with me. That was a good surprise!
We got to spend some time hanging out.
Many hours were spent at Prawn Park catching as many little prawns as we could for a feed later in the day.

We all understand there are two types of surprise:
Good Surprises.
Bad Surprises.

Bad for me are things like surprise bills in the mail or some unexpected news of someone’s ill health, that sort of thing.
Good surprises will still leave you feeling a little caught off guard, but will make you feel good eventually.
They help make life that little bit more interesting…

God from what I have seen, seems to enjoy a good surprise every now and then.
He surprised a lot of people when the salvation He had planned for centuries appeared as a baby to begin with.
He surprised Pharaoh by displaying His power and glory by all the miraculous events that happened through Moses and Aaron.
He surprised me one day by introducing Himself to me when I was definitely least expecting it.
He will surprise the world in the future when He sends Jesus to come for His people.

One scripture we encourage ourselves with in our house is this one…
I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. Leviticus 26:9 niv

God has promised to bless us with many good things in our lives, including being fruitful! One day it will come to us like a good surprise...and I can’t wait to be honest.
God has great things in store for you as well.
Good surprises...God surprises are being prepared for you this year

Something to think about…

No comments: