Friday, January 13, 2012

Note To Self...

Note to self...you are not always the best judge of your energy levels or your capacity.
You need to have something else at work in your life to make sure you don’t overdo things.
You need great advice.
You need people around you who will tell you to take a break. And they need to be people you will listen to!

When I first started training for sports events, I used to think you just had to work really hard. That you just needed to work harder and harder and then at the end of it all you would automatically succeed.
A friend I listened to was Lynette.
She told me that you need break weeks in your training to refresh yourself.
I listened. Found out she was right.
And things went well.

While I get the sports thing, I have to admit I am not so good at other areas. I love working hard and take pride in the fact I am not lazy.
But the flip side to that is that you can be blind to how tired you can be getting or where you need to schedule a break. This last week has reinforced that for me.

This year I want to be different in many ways…
I want to work real hard.
I want to play real hard.
And I want to rest real hard.

A great plan for me...and maybe a great plan for you?

Something to think about...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog