Wednesday, April 27, 2011

power

I am not one of those people who think it is fun without power. It is not like for me a way of getting ‘back to nature’ or a simpler life.
It reminds me of how much more difficult life can be.
It reminds me of how much I have got used to having it.
And all I want is to have it back when it is gone.

Power seems to make all the difference to our lives.
It is supposed I think.
God also knows what your life is life with it and without it, and that is why he actually offers plenty of it to you.
One of the cool things with this power is that it never runs out. It is not subject to the weather or mechanical failure!

Jesus told his disciples to wait in a place called Jerusalem for something special to happen. He said this just before he went back to heaven after rising from the dead.
He told them that they would be getting ‘power’.
Not just a good idea or even a tickle...but real power! That this power would make all the difference to their faith in him and their lives.
We are told as well that this power is the same ‘stuff’ that rose Jesus from the dead in the first place.
It is the same power that circled the earth while God was creating everything.
This is powerful power!
Another scripture tells us that when you have this power it acts as a ‘seal’ guaranteeing your salvation and eternity with God.
Pretty cool aye

So what is next?
Well, if you are reading this and already have this power please don’t take it for granted.
Use it as much as you can. Make the most of it.

If you used to have this power but have been disconnected in some way. Get connected again.

And if you have never experienced it then I invite you to find out what it is like. All you need to do is open your heart to God and ask him to give you the gift of Holy Spirit. And I mean really ask. Cry out to him and he will fill you.

It will change you life completely.
Trust me, you want this power!

Something to think about…

PS If you have questions or want to find out more I am here for you...you simply just need to ask.

No comments: