Wednesday, July 07, 2010

sleep

I was so ‘geeky’ that just before I went to sleep recently I got on facebook and twitter via my phone just before nodding off…
Initially it was just to check for messages and comments. But then I had a little idea pop into my head...and posted it up on my profiles…

‘sleep is a good idea and a great invention...and us humans can't take any credit for it’

None of us invented sleep.
It is something that is both natural and learned.
Parents end up helping there offspring to do it.
Teenagers fight it until the wee hours and then sleep through out the other end.
Workaholics try to avoid as it seems like such a waste of time.

Apparently the world record for going without sleep is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes while the person participated in a rocking chair marathon. The record holder did however report suffering from hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech and memory and concentration lapses.

I am my own worst enemy with this.
While I like sleep while I am doing it, I tend to avoid it because there are so many other things I would rather be doing.
The problem is that eventually it seems to catch up with me and ‘cracks’ start to appear.
I start to get headaches and my moods change...that sort of thing.

One prophet in the Bible was told by God to get some sleep because without it, God know he couldn’t do everything planned.
If this person couldn’t survive or achieve without it, neither can we. Especially if we are wanting to do cool things for God!

As believers we all want to feel good about ourselves and right on the ‘inside’.
Maybe if you aren’t right now, you might just need some sleep?
Not more activity of entertainment...but more sleep.

Think I might start going to bed a little earlier?

Something to think about…

No comments: