Wednesday, December 02, 2009

what is revival?

Just the other day someone asked me a question that I found quite interesting.
Now that is not to say that people ask me questions that I am not interested in...it is just this one caught my attention a little more.

This person wanted to know about this thing we call ‘revival’.

I have lost track of the number of times I have heard people pray for ‘revival’.
I have read books on ‘revival’.
Watched dvd’s on ‘revival’.
And got really frustrated along the way…

Why?
Because it hasn’t seemed to happen maybe in the way I was expecting. And maybe that is the point really.
Maybe ‘revival’ isn’t about what I want, but all about what God wants?

I think there are many Christians praying and waiting for a thing called 'revival' and either getting disappointed because it hasn't happened the way they expect...or they are always just waiting.
Many people are praying that God will do what he did back in the early 1900's like in Wales and California. But God doesn't do things the same every time.
What if God wants to do things differently?
What if he already is?

All over the world 1000's upon 1000's are getting saved. Take Africa on its own...isn't that a revival?
We live in a country where the Holy Spirit moves in peoples lives and churches in general more than ever...isn't that some sort of revival?

Is it right to ask God to move and do something amazing? YES.
But it also right that while we might wait for that, we do something with what we have and where we are at now.
God also says that the harvest is plentiful and the workers are few...

I don’t know about you, but as I wait patiently I am going to work the best I can for God.
He says the harvest is already plentiful.
So I want to take his word at that.

Something to think about…

No comments: