Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I was looking for a clip on youtube today.
Something that I knew about by a guy I have heard of.
He has a great reputation.
He has taught me heaps over the last few years.

My search results surprised me.

The majority of the suggested clips to my search were all about how bad, how wrong, how stupid...any negative something that someone could produce.
I thought surely this person is not that bad.
I then thought this must be just a weird search result so decided to search for someone else I respect.
Just to see if this was a one off result.
And guess what? Same thing...
The majority of the suggested clips to my search were all about how bad, how wrong, how stupid...you get the idea.

What disappointed me the most was these people call themselves ‘believers’. Yet they spend seemingly endless hours producing material to publish, complaining about others.

Now I am not against pointing out something that is wrong. I am the first to say something (I hope) when someone’s theology is completely mental or misguided.
But this stuff just stinks of stinky stink stuff.
It embarrasses me that our world can watch us griping about each other!

I believe we need to be careful about criticising others.
I mean, who is critiquing our critique?

The Bible tells us to pray for those over us.
Pray that they can remain strong. That they can be wise. Pray that they will interpret the Bible correctly.
It also says to be careful to not call something wrong that God might be calling right.
Sometimes we just don’t know.
You need to be comfortable with that. Remember we are following God, not being God.
Only God can judge someone’s heart.

I have learnt that I have an opinion but not always all the answers, so I just let some things play themselves out.
I have also learnt that people no matter who they are, great or small, respond better to being told what they have done right more than what they have done wrong…

Let God judge for us. He seems to do such a better job.

Something to think about.

No comments: