Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes different opportunities pop up in life.
Things you weren’t expecting.
But they turn up just the same.

I have found that as you start getting older...yuck...that you have this natural ability to shy away from what is new. It is like some cosmic force trying to stop you take advantage of new things.
Little voices telling you not to bother.
You get nervous because it is not what you normally do.
It is exciting. But it is also uncomfortable.

In the last few weeks I have found myself with some opportunities that I never expected.
Even last weekend I got to be a polling place manager for our general election. This isn’t something I expected to be doing. It wasn’t part of my life long dreams for my life.But I got to do it just the same.

My advice to you is make the most of every opportunity!
You never know where they can lead.
Or what other door may open to you.

Ephesians 5:15-17 says…
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Yes you have to be wise.
Not every thing you get put in front of you is good for you.
We need to hear from God, be lead by him, and trust where that takes us.

But I have found that many of us shy away from the new.
We want safety.
We want ‘normal’.

I have found that nothing will age you quicker that getting conservative with your life.

As soon as you have it safe and sorted you get old.
You can get boring.
And you wake up one day wondering what happened.

So this week...take some chances!
Make the most of the opportunities that come your way.
And enjoy the life God has given you!

Something to think about...

No comments: