Wednesday, November 19, 2008

“If I was God…
...I wouldn’t let you choose!”

A little while ago I shared on another “If I was God…” statement.
Thought it was time to share with you another?

If you or I were God, I don’t think we would give people choice in life.
In our human thinking, it makes sense to just make people do what you want them to do.
To give them the right path and make them stick to it.
You could argue that that would be loving.
Simply because you want the best for your creation.

I wouldn’t let people hurt themselves by making wrong choices.
I would wrap them in ‘cotton wool’ to protect them from the ‘bad things’ that this life can throw at us.

But if you think about it a little deeper...you begin to realise that it doesn’t seem so loving to make people live out a ‘puppet type’ existence.

1 John 4:8 says
...God is love.

God never forces, otherwise we couldn’t say that he is love.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says...
I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

God always gives us choice.
Yes he is biased, but he is also right.
He knows which way we should go because he knows how good it will be for us.
But he never forces us.
He always gives us choice.

Joshua 24:15
...if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.

I have come to realise that God has put me and you in an amazing position.
He always gives us chose...and he always will.
So this week...what is your choice?
How will you live?
Who will you serve?

Something to think about...

No comments: