Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Last night I found myself around 6pm sitting on a park bench.
A large street light was above me and the bench itself was located at the top of some stairs.
I was looking out on the amazing view from there, breathing heavily because I had just run the 115 stairs for the tenth time.

Even though it was nearly dark, a little light was still on the horizon as the sun was fully setting.
The air was really still and cold.
It was really quiet.
The only sound I could hear was my breathing and the occasional subtle noise from a neighbouring house.

So here I was...and I suddenly thought that God could see me.
That he noticed me sitting there.

Now don’t get me wrong. I don’t think about things like that all day long.
It was just this amazing feeling. The feeling that God saw me sitting there.
Not because my pasty scottish heritage white legs were gleaming as a beacon all the way to heaven…
But because he wants to see me.

For a moment I wondered why God noticed me?
Out of all that he could see or take notice of, why me?
While famines and disasters occur all the world, why does God still take the time to seek me out?

I then thought of a whole bunch of things that God says about you and me in the Bible.
Things like…

John 15:16 (niv)
You did not choose me, but I chose you

1 Peter 2:9-10 (message)
But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

Isaiah 49:16
I have engraved you on the palms of my hands

Even back in Genesis you see God’s heart.
It records how God came walking in the cool of the day looking for Adam and Eve.
He even asked “where are you?”
Simply because he wanted to be with them!

God notices you!
God wants to be with you!
No one else cares about you and what happens in your life as much as God!
No matter where you go in this world God still sees you...because he wants to!

Something to think about...

No comments: